Saturday, December 20, 2008

If You're Drinking, Captain, I'm Deplaning Now

This couldn't have gone any better if I had done it on purpose.
It happened during our beverage service. I was the aft FA, which means that the cart was between me and the galley. It was a morning flight, which means we soon ran out of coffee. The forward FA, a great gal, headed to the galley to refill the coffee, and while she was there, a passenger asked me for a margarita. We make those things with mixers, none of which I happened to have in the cart, so I called the forward over the intercom and said, "Hey, can you bring me a margarita?"
She paused. "Really?"
Some folk in Utah just haven't come around to early morning drinking yet. "Really," I said. "Thanks!"
What you have to know about the intercom is that anyone can call anyone from anywhere. I waited for a few minutes, watching her doodle around in the galley, and eventually she got on the intercom and called the flight deck. She cocked her head, looked confused, and then headed back to the cart with the coffee.
"The captain just asked me to bring him a margarita, and I think he was serious!" she said.
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I never told her what really happened.

3 Comments:

Blogger AkuTyger said...

Haha, very nice.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Early morning drinking? Hey it's noon somewhere on the planet right now! That's my story and i'm sticking to it...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Aviatrix said...

I'd probably tease the FAs all the time with requests for margaritas, lobster, and ice cream if there were any on the flights I work.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home