Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another Celebrity

I don't follow that much wrestling. While I do have immense respect for their athletic abilities (whether the whole thing is real or not), I'm that rare breed of flight attendant more interested in sweaty semi-clad girls. But some wrestlers are so big (in both the physical and metaphysical sense) that even a non-fan is familiar with them.
This guy gets on the plane, and he's seat 1A in first class, right there in front of me. He's a big dude... I mean he barely fits in the cabin. He doesn't say much, but I notice that he's got a big skull ring on. That's cool. I support death jewelry. But on my second pass through the cabin, I notice that he's got a skull tattoo on one oil drum-sized calf. That's a little overkill, I think. Entertainer? Must be. And during the service, a guy in the third row excitedly asks me if the big dude up front is Stone Cold.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin is a very nice fellow. That is, if you're not one of the hundred thousand people he's destroyed in the ring. I didn't let on that I knew who he was. He asked me about the job, and he mentioned that he'd traveled a lot. Said he preferred Texas. And after he deplaned, I found his cell phone in his seat. Great, I thought. He's gonna think I stole his phone. He's been civil all this time, and now he's going to drop an Atomic Elbow on me. But he thanked me without causing my death, and by name even. I don't know if he's still wrestling, but if he is, I'd watch him. Stone Cold is good people. You should meet him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home