Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do

My loyal diehards will remember that when I first moved to SLC and really didn't even live anywhere yet, I bought a huge widescreen TV. Priorities are what made me do that. However, while most people watch TV on TV, I don't. Video games and DVDs are what that thing is for... it's never recieved a broadcast signal.
Until now.
Recently I became a 'Lost'-head. I think it was genetic. I haven't watched TV since the Army cured me of it in 1995. But one morning in March, I just woke up needing to know what the hell those people were doing on the island. So I found the ABC website and whomped through one season a week until I was caught up, and then stayed current by watching new episodes on TV in hotels or watching them online the next day. I am not a patient person, so when I'm not on a trip and have to wait a whole day to see an episode, I just sort of stare at the screen all night, imagining what's going to happen on the show and lamenting that I haven't bought an antenna yet. Well, last week, it occurred to me that while my TV doesn't have an antenna, my stereo does. So I did some wire-yanking and re-configurating, and lo, we get signal. So I watched my first TV show on my own TV. And it only took two years!

Any 'Lost' fans out there? Identify yourselves.

6 Comments:

Blogger AkuTyger said...

Where are you watching a whole episode of anything online? I never know these secrets and I would love to see a new episode of the Simpsons in English rather than in Portuguese.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I put up a link for ABC. That won't do YOU much good though, because when I was in Canada a few weeks ago, it wouldn't let me watch anything. Said it was for use only in America. Dumb Americans.
Maybe since you're in South America it'll still work. Got my fingers crossed.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Love Lost.

Love.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you SEE the finale? Freakin' Locke.

And Richard freaks me out.

Wanted more of Keamy... oh well.

And Miles better be on next season.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP. You're still alive. Haven't read your blog in FOREVER, and am just trying to catch up. I am addicted to Lost (and love, coincidentally). Miss you around here; the arts just aren't the same. -Ellie Jones

9:32 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Nick: I know. What was great is how on a string the writers know they have us; they could have just showed us who was in the coffin, but instead they give us this LOOONG SLOOOW pan up and over the lid. Bastards. What am I gonna do for ten months until season five?
Ellie: ELLIE! I was just thinking about you the other day! How's Velocity? She must be in college by now. I miss the arts too. There is no art in a plane, no matter what anyone says. You met my mom yet? She ushers down there. Take care what's left of the clan!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home