Friday, May 09, 2008

As Close As You Wanna Get

Those of you who watch the news know there's been a lot of tornadoes lately. Know where those things come from? Not the tornado factory. That's what I thought too. They actually come from clouds that pilots call cells. So when there's bad weather, what you have is one or two jerk cells hovering over your city throwing tornadoes at you all day. A few days ago, we flew over one of these things at night, and I had the chance to break out the camera; yes, it is sixty seconds of a black cloud at night, but the every-now-and-then lightning is pretty cool.

WARNING: usually, there's an obscure association hidden in the titles of my entries, so if they don't make sense, think about it for a while. Not so with the music over the videos. It's just what's in my head as I'm editing. Don't blow a gasket looking for higher meaning.

4 Comments:

Blogger AkuTyger said...

Weather on the coast is unlike weather away from the coast. I noticed that here, I cannot figure out what the weather is doing most of the time, but back in MI I could put my finger on it about 90%of the time.

P.S. Meteorologists use this term too.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

'Coast?' Yes, I have heard meteorologists use that term.
I know exactly what you mean about your weather sensor being off. In Louisiana, rain-in-fifteen-minutes has a smell, and I took it for granted that rain would smell like that everywhere. Here in Utah, it can rain without that smell, and it can smell like that for days and NOT rain. I feel like Crocodile Dundee sometimes.

8:22 PM  
Blogger AkuTyger said...

We have opposite weather sensors I think. But Lake Effect is nothing like anything else, or so I was told by meteorologist Craig James when I was in 7th grade.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Lake effect blows ass, if I may dip into the vernacular. It's like someone crapped in your air filter.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home