Sunday, May 25, 2008

Air India

Coming back from Vancouver to L.A., I expected another random celebrity. What there was instead of that was fifty Indian folk. There are two things I noticed on this flight. The first is that Indian folk all seem to immediately take their shoes off on a plane. The second is something I've decided to call Curry Feet.
That said, I had a ball. I used to know a girl who taught me enough Hindi to get in trouble, and so when the guy in the last row decided he was going to try to knock the props out from under me in Hindi, I answered back, and BOOP I have fifty uproariously laughing Indian friends. "You come India," this guy continues. "Not bad plane like this. Big plane India. You friend! You come India!"
It's always a party on that flight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your level of service seems to be way better than required by the SOPs. Making somebody's day is one thing; making the day of 50 travellers (or should I say PAX?) is another.

Again, thanks for the fun read!

4:33 AM  
Blogger AkuTyger said...

I love that ability to one up someone who thinks there is a language barrier. Even better to turn it into a joke. Good karma!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

nice...I would've been too grossed out by said "curry feet" to even try and communicate in english. good for you, i don't do as well with odors.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

zb: I rock a cabin. The only way you're not going to enjoy yourself is if you don't deserve to.
aku: Aw, what do YOU know about a language barrier (nice to see you again, by the way!)?
G: After the first five minutes, my nose was melted shut. It wasn't really that difficult after that. We never got so ski this winter... what do we do in the summer? Drink? OH-kaaay...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home