Friday, January 18, 2008

WTHYA Is The New WTHIB

Over there on the right, just under the WTHIB Map, is the newest feature here at WTHIP. Referred to me by my first South American reader who was not trying to sell me a camisole, it's the Where The Hell YOU Are Map. If you click on it, it'll give you the details, but basically, whenever someone logs in at WTHIP, it puts a red dot on the map where they logged in from. This is the coolest thing ever. Apparently it posts the dots in waves, because for a while I had nothing... I was beginning to think I had gone too long without posting and everyone had assumed I crashed (all knowing exactly what face I was making). But now I have like six or seven blips on the radar. I can identify some of them... for example, that's Bup up there in Minnesota, L.M. down along the gulf, Indigeaux in New England, and Akutyger in the middle of Brazil. But I got someone way down on the Mexican border, and over in Europe, and another one in Brazil? This is too cool. It's kinda like the old Why We Fight videos in WWII, where the Nazis spill ink all over the globe, except it's me, benignly chucking red M&Ms.
Until I get a foothold, myoo-ha-ha-ha.
Here's an idea. Start calling your dots. See if you can figure out which of you is which. I'm pretty sure I know who you all are. But surprise me.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

howcome there is no blippo dot for akutyger's mom, who is in michigan?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm your solo European stalker - located in Switzerland. I enjoy your posts - keep up the entertainment.

3:55 AM  
Blogger AkuTyger said...

Hmm, I had forgotten I gave my mom this link. Not that it matters, since she manages to cyber track me most of the time anyway. My mom's dot is there now; it takes a few days to refresh sometimes if you don't get a lot of hits.

I am the dot on the coast of Brasil. Dunno who that is in the Amazon - I have an Amazon dot too, but I always imagined it is this French guy who lived in Alaska for a while and then moved there who I used to talk to frequently. Maybe it's the camisole guy?

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine has not shown up, but I will end up with two, because I was in Kansas the first time I checked, and now I am back home in the Az.
Sandtalker

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who dat in Seattle and Portland? L.M.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jo Jo Fat Stuff said...

Bup in Mpls posted your blog on his companies intranet (he answered "What's your favorite blog" question). I sent it to the Swiss Stalker! :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

There's a section in Stephen King's The Stand (only a few paragraphs, really; fans will know it) that details the initial spread of A6 from person to person in Arnette, TX. How people are finding out about WTHIP is reminding me of this section. Go go GO! Thanks for reading, everyone! Now go, and bring Captain Phil to the masses. I AM VIRULENT!

1:02 PM  
Blogger payasa said...

That's me down there on the Mexican border. A friend of mine from Colorado told me about your blog.

Since I moved down here I often find myself pondering the question, "where the hell AM I?" I am glad that your blog now offers me a little reminder of that.

Thanks for all the laughs.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should send this guy some camisoles...

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home