Tuesday, January 22, 2008

White Christmas

You know, you hear a lot of mess about pilots. That they're womanizers, that they've got god complexes, that they're jerks. And every so often, I meet one that fits one or more of those descriptions. But more often than that, I see things about pilots that remind me that they're good guys. Saw one the other day, and it wasn't the first time I'd seen it. I'd gone up into the flight deck for something, and the captain's hat was hanging off the edge of the chair. Taped inside the hat was a picture of the captain's family. To me, that's kind of a snapshot of what life on the road is like, with a little sepia WWII thrown in. Bleach this job all you want... there's still romance in there somewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aviatrix said...

There's actually a little pocket in the top inside of the hat designed for slipping something in. I think you're supposed to put a card with your name on in there.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

If I were a pilot, I'd put the first coil of a slinky in there, so that when I hit the master caution button, my hat would go BOIIOIING!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home