Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More Denver Circus

First stop this last trip was Denver. Denver traditionally gets more snow than it knows how to deal with, and so you automatically know that if it's snowing when you get there, you're not getting out on time. So, when I heard that our plane was delayed leaving, I didn't think much of it. I just camped out by the gate and waited.
An hour goes by. I check with the gate agent. "Plane's not here yet," she says. I go back to my camp.
Another hour. "Plane is ten minutes out," gate agent says. I prepare.
Another hour. I check with the gate agent. "Plane hasn't left yet," she says. It is at this point that I come to the conclusion that the lady in charge of where the plane is is not actually in charge of where the plane is. I head out to the supposedly empty ramp, and there's our plane. The pilot meets me at the door.
"How long you been out here?" I ask.
"Three hours," he replies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for YOU, right? L.M.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Nope, the FO was missing too. That's something I learned in the army... if you're ever late and someone who outranks you is also late, you're OK.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home