Monday, August 06, 2007

Cranberry Juice, A Computer, And Murphy's Law

So you know what's going to happen here. I just have to tell you about it because it was one of those events that, even though it was terrible, it was so incredible that you could appreciate it right then instead of weeks later. Some guy orders cranberry juice, and he has his laptop out on the seat between us. I grab a cup, throw in the ice, and pour the drink. But just before that last part, Murphy invisibly steps in and arranges the ice in a very tiny Olympic ski jump. Absolutely no juice went into the cup. None. All of it goes all over this nice man's expensive iMac thing. It was amazing to watch. Here I am pouring into this cup, and the juice is sluicing right back out of the cup as if the cup had a no juice policy, and this guy is scrambling to cover his laptop, which might as well have been a $2000 juice magnet, and I'm still pouring, watching and laughing, saying, "Yeah, I know your computer's getting ruined but have you ever seen anything like this?"
Sometimes I'm really surprised I still work here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, weekly column sounds good... My first thought when I saw this title was, "OMG, he poured cranberry juice all over his laptop at the breakfast table and we'll never hear from him again!" Then my mom-brain kicked in and said, "Are you kidding? This child would never drink cranberry juice voluntarily!" L.M.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! WOW. Amazing.

--- Natalie.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home