Monday, July 02, 2007

Winnipeg

I have officially conquered the province of Manitoba, wherein lies Winnipeg. It's occurred to me to put up a Canadian version of the WTHIB Map, but it ends up looking like a big slug, and so I'm not gonna do it.
The thing I'm noticing about Canada is that they have great cities but ugly apartment buildings. I have no pictures of any particular ugly apartments, but just take my word for it, they look like egg crates built by one-handed leprechauns.
The hotel was very nice, but there was this light switch on the wall... I call it a light switch, but I don't really know if it had anything to do with the lights:

That's an I and an O on the first switch, a tumped-over equal sign on the second, and a colon on the third. I tried them all, and nothing happened in my room. Perhaps varied trigonometric functions were occurring like mad on the floor below me.
Later, the pilot navigated us to a place called Earl's, which he said was renowned for its 'talent.' Turns out the talent, as I had guessed, was ladies. The waitstaff seemed to have been culled entirely from Victoria's Secret, but sported a few more clothes. A few more. But before I call Earl out for his superficiality, let me state that there were plenty of other bars along the street, but everyone was at Earl's.
Eschewed Molson in favor of a beer called Rhino. It was still beer.
That evening there was a thunderstorm. This is what it looked like:

It's amusing, trying to take a picture of lightning. I have enough picture of this damn cloud to make a silent movie.
Oh yeah... the customs agents at the border there are not nearly as scary as the signs would have you believe:

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigeaux said...

Um, yeah. . . it's all fun and games until they strip search you.

Did I ever tell you about that trip?

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home