Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Beer Of A Different Color

Ever heard of a red beer? Well, I hadn't either. So a few months ago when this fellow asked me for a red beer, I said, and I quote, "What?"
He went on to explain that a red beer is half beer, half tomato juice. You know, to lend a few nutrients and vitamins to your toxin. Mystified, I asked the pilots about it at dinner. "Oh yeah," they said. "Red beer. Tomato juice. Lends a few nutrients and vitamins to your toxin." And since then, I've had quite a few people ask for those things.
The reason I'm just telling you about this now is that some guy yesterday ordered a beer and some orange juice, and right there before my horrified eyes, mixed up an orange beer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes ya wonder how they make GREEN beer... L.M.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Clarence Wethern said...

Red beer sounds horrifying. The orange beer is less so, only 'cos it's common to toss a slice of orange into a Blue Moon or comparable beer.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Indigeaux said...

I think it is blasphemous to screw up OJ with anything other than vodka.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

just reading your blog now (you can thank aviatrix)...but beer and OJ is called a MANmosa lol

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is truly insane. A Friend from the Czech Republic told me that you get stabbed there if you harm a beer with ANYthing you might mix in. I guess for RED or ORANGE beers, there's not only stabbing but some weird ancient torture thing.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, my bartender housemate says that's called a Shandy. Apparently, it's a terrific beverage when it is unbearably hot outside and you want something a little more refrshing. If you really don't feel like passing out from a single beer due to dehydration thus earning the eternal mocking of your cohorts, it might be a good choice.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home