Monday, May 14, 2007

P-Burgh

You may have noticed that I'm up to 36 over there on the WTHIB Map. Pennsylvania is what I've added, in the form of Pittburgh. The hotel is out at the corner of No Street and Where Drive, and both times I've been there, it's been the end of a four or five day trip, and when you're that far along you're less interested in going out to see the place and more interested in sleep. That said, I did see a few things:
Right outside the hotel is a hole, and in this hole lives an animal. I think it's a gopher. He had tiny buck teeth and he eyed me suspiciously as I tromped past his hole.
On the other side of this hole is Primanti Bros. It's a sandwich place whose claim to fame is Pittsburgh-style sandwiches (figure that, huh?), and that style is to put fries and cole slaw on the sandwich. I am not a friend of cole slaw, so I got it on the side at the behest of the other flight attendant, who was a friend of it. Or so she thought. Instead of that vile mayonnaise base that's normally there, they used oil in it.
Vo-muht.
But a roast beef sandwich with fries on it is good. I mean, you're going to eat both, so why eat them separately?
Also, Pittsburgh is green in the spring. Actually quite beautiful. They put houses on the hills between the trees and it looks like a nice place to live. That is, if you can stand that cole slaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home