Wednesday, May 02, 2007

ALIENS... FROM SPAAACE!

Back in Fargo again. While I was talking to the hotel clerk, extraterrestrials came up in conversation (like they do), and she went curiously mum on the subject. Turns out that extraterrestrials had actually landed here and built a permanent hidden base. Naturally, I was up for hunting that down. And when I found it, it turned out to be a restaurant.

I had actually heard about this place last time I was in Fargo (remember, with the cheese and ale soup?), and I'm not sure how I got through a few months of waiting and three miles of walking not thinking this place was gonna be a kids' pizza joint. Having said that, though, the place was cool. There were glass cases between the booths that contained all kinds of old sci-fi toys. Some I remembered owning, some I remembered seeing, and some I could not identify. But if I didn't know what they were, they must have been collectible and expensive (what does 'collectible' mean? That you can collect it? Technically, I am collectible then). And on top of the walls were the aliens themselves, hanging out and having a good time.

Their baked potatoes were good. Aliens know how to load a spud just as well as a sonic death ray cannon, apparently. But I am going to have nightmares about these guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clarence Wethern said...

(like they do)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home