Monday, April 02, 2007

Like A Felon

The inserts in my fabulously expensive Florsheims looked like dog toys, so I ditched 'em and got ahold of some of those gel ones. Pretty cool. A little like squirting toothpaste in your shoes. I'm not going to tell you how I know what that feels like. And now, when someone asks me if I'm gellin', I can answer confidently.
A word about Florsheims: don't buy them if you're a flight attendant. Flight crews don't take off shoes to go through security at the airport, unless they set off the metal detector. Apparently Florsheims are so expensive and luxurious that they're made of steel. That results in the pilots walking through the detector with their twenty dollar hush puppies, me de-shoeing, then hopping after the pilots all the way to the gate. The popular flight attendant shoe is something called a Dansko, and it's supposed to be like a Swedish massage the whole time you wear it. But it's a clog. They have a male version, supposedly, but it's still a clog. I'm already perilously close to the stereotype line in this career field... I ain't doin' it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home