Monday, April 09, 2007

I Can See My House From Here

When we make a southern approach to the airport in Salt Lake, we scrape along the city just above I-215, and this provides ample time to observe the place from orbit. I have become adept at picking out various landmarks while crouched in the galley service door, and among these is my apartment complex.

That there, indicated by the indicator, is, by all indications, the building in which I live, correcting for parallax and allowing a margin of error factored at less than +/- 0.002% (I had to use an astrolabe, which is technically used for finding stars and not apartment buildings).
I think that's a cool indicator, by the way. I hand drew it in some paint program. I think I'll use it to indicate some other things in future entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home