Monday, April 09, 2007

Hey, That's Mine!

And when we approach from the west, we pass by the Kennecott Copper Mine. Trouble is, we usually bank towards the airport at the exact moment that we pass it, and that tips my vantange point up, so all I could get was pictures of sky. But on this last pass, however, I was crafty (well, lucky) enough to have camera, placement, and opportunity, so here you go:

I like the cool stair-step things. I think that's strip mining, which is supposed to be terrible for the environment. But hey, it looks cool. This place is supposed to be open for tours. Several flight attendants have said that they've been on this supposed tour. They all mention trucks with really big tires. I guess that if all they take from this tour is really big tires, then the place must really be a hole in the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home