Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Use More Words

Some passengers, when you ask them what they want to drink, say, "Diet." Nothing else, just diet. There are six diet drinks I can think of without even thinking, two of which I have right there in the cart. Do you mean I get to pick? Or do you mean you want an actual diet? And does that mean a few servings of falafel and a rice cake, or the actual paper that the week's worth of diet food is written on?
Pay no attention to the bitter man behind the curtain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Decline and Fall said...

As someone who occasionally orders "diet," I can at least tell you why I do it: because I assume you have Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke and I'm trying to stave off the inevitable "is Diet Pepsi OK?" if I ask for Diet Coke specifically. Or vice-versa. I don't care whether it's Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke, I just want some calorie-free refreshment, perhaps with some caffeine in it. The presence of Diet 7-Up makes the entire process more difficult.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home