Friday, March 16, 2007

Here's A Tip!

Occasionally, passengers will put their bags in the right place under the seat, but leave the strap in the aisle. That's cool by me, because there's not a lot of room to put stuff. But it will make things difficult when I come by with the drink cart, because stuff in the aisle will get sucked up in the wheels and thwart my drink-serving efforts.
Most of the time I see stuff sticking out in front of the cart and am able to head off any thwarting. But this last time I ran over a purse strap and jammed the back wheel up good. The purse-owner and I worked on it for a while, and then her neighbor across the aisle got into things. This man's expert analysis was, "Hey, the wheel's jammed," and he reached under the front end of the cart and began to lift it from the bottom. That was a fundamentally bad idea in every respect, because the top end of the cart is covered with open drink cans and a carafe full of hot coffee. I said, "No wait, sir," and he kept lifting. I pushed down on the top end of the cart, spouting an ever-louder litany of "NO NO NO NO" while this guy kept lifting harder and harder, completely oblivious to either my voice or why the cart wouldn't lift. Eventually he quit trying, announcing that it was, "Just not gonna work."
I said, "Well, thanks for trying, sir."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home