Tuesday, March 06, 2007

More Icy Death At Speed

Michele wanted to get in some ski time as well, so we hit Alta, which is right next to Snowbird. It's a ski-only resort, because there's a sort-of friendly rivalry between skiiers and snowboarders. See, skiiers think they're higher-class than riders, and riders think they're cooler than skiiers. I think they're both right, but I digress.
We got further up the mountain at Alta. The snow is packed a little harder (they roll over it with huge snowcats... it's called grooming the snow), which makes for smoother skiing, so we braved higher runs. I had forgotten how much leg strength skiiing requires; you're mostly upright on a board, but on skis you're totally hunched, and usually on only one leg. So I was dead by noon, but one beer later and I didn't care.
A word about ski lodges... they serve beer. Right there in front of everyone. Can you get any better than that?
Proud to say I didn't fall down all day, which is a feat because I last skiied thirteen years ago. I thought about falling down several times, though. Michele only bought it once, and that's because I kicked her. No one's breaking my record...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home