Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ladies And Gentlemen, My Mother

Those of you who've looked at the comments on this blog thing have undoubtedly noticed a commenter cryptically named L.M. I will, in order to shed light on this mystery, tell a tale:

Way back in the old days when Phil Donahue was still on TV and I was very young, my mother would call her father in Seattle on the weekends, and when she was through with the news, she'd let me gabble at him. My parents were both great parents in terms of raising a kid, but in a house with a TV in it, you're always partially raised by TV, and so once when I was handing the phone back to her, I told my grandfather, "And now, back to your local mommie." And as is the case with all dumb things you say when you're little, that followed me unto eternity.

So, everyone, meet my mom, maker of the best apple pie ever, and the reason any of the difficult words on this blog are spelled right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home