Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Joke They Never Get

Sometimes a passenger will hit the attendant call button because they want something. But other times they will hit it because they think it's the reading light. And I'm not sure where in our society this comes from, but you think you're going to be killed if you hit that button and don't need anything. Parents teach their kids this. I was always scared to death of doing that. And so when I get there to see what this person wants, they always kowtow and apologize profusely. To allay their fear of execution, I usually tell them a joke. This is it:

"Don't worry, I hit that thing accidentally all the time. Problem is, I'm already there."

Is that funny? Or just obscure?

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

That joke is Smart People Who Get Irony funny. Like Monty Python.

You're dealing with passengers who've just accidentally pressed the call button and are still scared of intense interrogation by the NTSB as to why they pressed the button when they didn't need anything.

They can probably only handle, like, Roseanne humor. So when they press the button by mistake, just scratch your crotch and yell "Jackieeeeeeeeee".

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I love these funny stories and the great insight into your part of the play (as mine is being part of the flying public).

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's pretty funny. ROFLMAO!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home