Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hypothermia For Fun And Profit

It's cold here. Hence the snow and all. Still, we see rampers slinging bags in shorts. If I may go back and invoke high school physics, it must be below 32 degrees for there to be snow (and yes, those of you from northern climes, I'm sure there's a way to have snow when it's warmer than that through some goofy Michael Crichton eventuality, but I am both a product of Louisiana and the Louisiana Public School System and don't know about it so lay off). I asked a gate agent about these intrepid blue people wearing shorts in the Utah winter. "What, are they running a betting pool to see who can go the longest without dying?"
"Oh yeah," she said. "They've been doing that since I've been working here."
Insanity, thy name is ramper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home