Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Car 54, Where Are You?

When I go out on a trip, I park in the employee parking lot, which is what you'd expect. All is good so far. But sometimes it snows while I'm gone, and then this crap happens.

Have you ever seen anything like this (hey, you in Canada, put your hand down)? I mean snow. And a thing they don't show you in the romantic comedies is how the ground is covered with a deadly and insidious layer of molecularly frictionless ice, which will murder you the picosecond you point your center of gravity anywhere but straight down. That is, of course, all you do when you're scraping ice off a car.
And I also discovered that you really should clear off your car hood. My fingers were developing cleavage planes, and so I quit before I got to the hood, but then when I started driving, I developed a personal blizzard. I laughed at that, while I wasn't steering for dear life. And you can't stick your head out the window to see,either, because your face really will freeze that way. I should not have written that. My mother reads this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

That's freakin' hilarious!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Infotrix said...

That ice has you honing your picosecond skills rather than your nanosecond reactions learned here in the liquid sunshine of LA, eh? Star Wars MMORPG watch out! No worries, global warming will clear that stuff up before you complete your 'where i been' map. Drink!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home