Saturday, November 18, 2006

Some Aerial Photography For Ya

The galley service door (through which they service the galley) is opposite the door you get onto the plane through, and it has a small window that, if you crouch low enough to be within range of the carnivorous galley table, you can see cool things through. These things follow.

Downtown Salt Lake. That thing at the base of the Wasatch Mountains sure does look like a big white U, doesn't it? You'll probably read about me killing myself getting up there here soon.

The airport, on our way to a northern approach. From left to right: the hangar where we trained, the actual airport (the spiky parts are where the planes live), and the quagmire parking lot where I once spent two hours looking for my car. In the bottom left you can see the first hints of the Great Salt Lake.

And speaking of the GSL, here it is. It's huge, and its appearance varies from appealing family destination to frothing briny nightmare. I think this is Antelope Island. There are also inexplicably geometric shapes:


I don't know what they are, but they look pretty foul. Yes, I'm gonna go see them, but I'm not going to like it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last image is of salt evaporation ponds, used to make salt from the Great Salt Lake. I think I need to say salt a few more times, salt salt salt.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home