Thursday, November 02, 2006

The New Ship

So far I've been driving my roommate's car around. My old boat was a great one, but I didn't want to take the chance of exploding it on the trip from LA to UT. Been on a quest for a used Honda for the last few weeks, because I used to sell those things and know that they're nigh-bulletproof.
Well, last night, I put another quest to bed.

The 1998 Honda Accord LX. There is no substitute.
There is also no limit to the fear that goes with owing more money than I actually have. Yeah yeah, I know... you're all screaming, "Shut up, Phil, you're a weenie. I owe seven million on a ranch house in the Bronx!" But that's you... this is my first car note. And also, I am a weenie.
Boy does it drive good though. And I don't know if that's because it's a Honda, or if I'm used to driving thirty-year-old VWs, but I'm liking the precision handling (the steering wheel works), the dynamic braking system (the car seems to stop pretty soon after I tell it to), the explosive stereo system (it has one), and most of all, it's ALL ONE COLOR!
She'll have a name soon. I name cars like I name cats... they stay undesignated until they do something cool or stupid, and then they're branded.

1 Comments:

Blogger Decline and Fall said...

Funny, I had a 98 Accord LX for years... the ex-wife has it now. Mine was green, had a manual transmission, and was named "Filbert."

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home