Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Curb Test

Was out at a place called the Gateway Mall, and had to park on the outskirts to get there. After a faceful of 'Cajun' seafood, we returned to find a ticket on the car. The ticket read, "PARKED WITHIN FIVE FEET OF HYDRANT." I was dubious... it looked like more than five feet. The only thing I had on me to measure an increment of five feet was me, so...

Knowing I am 5'9''... (oh, I mean 5'8''), proof was indisputable and victory was mine. It was a small victory though... the observant among you will notice that the curb there is red, and so I would have been illegal had I parked across town in that spot. But hey, any excuse to lay down on freezing concrete in front of the most affluent people in Salt Lake City...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home