Thursday, September 14, 2006

Welcome To The Airline Industry, Kid - Part One

Took off this morning from Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, or BTR in airport lingo. Got to ATL (Atlanta), and missed my flight to Chicago, which resulted in my missing the rest of the training flights I was scheduled for that day. That was OK, because my instructor got jammed up in Fargo for just as long. We eventually made contact in Chicago (ORD, which stands for InORDinately Huge Airport), and from there, we began.
I observed Amy in action on the trip to Lexington, Kentucky. She was all the things a flight attendant should be, and a nice person on top of that. Some of the things I remembered from training, and some of the things were completely new, and yes, the first thing she did upon meeting me was dive at me, howling, "PRODUCE YOUR FLASHLIGHT!" By the time I got onto the ground again, I was thoroughly mind-blown.
The four of us (pilot, co-pilot, Amy and I) checked into the hotel and went searching for a place called Tolly-Ho's on the recommendation of two stoners loitering outside the hotel. Four hours later, we found it, and as it turns out, the burgers there were all named according to the theme... there was the Regular Ho, The Cheesy Ho, the Big Fat Ho, and the Meaty Ho. The three of us menfolk commenced a puerile match of Who Can Make The Worst Ho Joke while Amy put her head in her hands and wept for our plummeting IQs.
Apparently this is my new life, and it is amusing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Decline and Fall said...

I'm glad to know industry insiders get bumped and miss their flights just like the rest of the hoi polloi.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Indigeaux said...

I have complete faith in your ability to whip out with a good "Ho" joke.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, Tolly Ho! Definitely one of the great restaurants in Lexington.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home